Thursday, February 04, 2010

bing still behind google

I just published a post about the recent essay titled " The end of the Beijing Consensus".

I first got to know the essay from a twit this morning. I googled "end of beijing concensus", without the quote, and easily located the essay at the original website, a Chinese translation, and several insightful comments. 10 hours later, just before I publish this blog, I binged again, the same phase, with and without title, the only relevant entry led me to the magazine's main page, not the essay.

Clearly Bing crawls the web much slower than google does. It is age of real-time search now. That should not be too hard to solve. Microsoft can what they are good at, throwing money at the problem. But they did not. Instead, Microsoft spends tons of dollars on TV commercials, and is sitting on a pile of cash.

Bing still has a long way to go to catch up, and it may never happen. Microsoft just becomes more and more irrelevant. They lost the ability to innovate.

No comments: